Tutoring by BAY?
In its commitment to academic excellence, Beta Alpha Psi offers free tutoring for accounting, finance, and management information systems students.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a tutoring appointment, please email the VP of Planning at [email protected]. Please include a schedule of your availability and indicate which class you need a tutor for.
Thank you for choosing Beta Alpha Psi for your tutoring needs! Tutoring provides an opportunity for learning for both you and our tutors. With that in mind, help us help you. There are certain things you can do ahead of time that will help you to get the most out of your limited time with the tutor. 1. Come with specific questions, or specific topics that are troublesome for you. 2. Solve related problems and show your work. This helps the tutor gauge your strengths and weaknesses. 3. Do not ask tutors to do homework problems for you. Please attempt all problems and /or exercises PRIOR to attending the tutoring session. Tutors have very busy and demanding course loads as well. To ensure that we can tutor as many students as possible, please select a tutor whose availability and desired classes coincide with your needs. Please contact the tutor as in advance as possible of your tutoring needs to ensure you find someone who can assist you.
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must cancel at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. If your appointment was scheduled less than 48 hours in advance, you may not cancel your appointment. No-shows or late cancellations will result in a revocation of your privilege to be tutored by Beta Alpha Psi for the remainder of the semester.
1. Tutors must communicate with students in a professional and timely manner.
2. Although the cancellation policy for students is posted on the website, tutors are still responsible for reminding their student about the consequences of failing to adhere to this policy. If a student cancels, the tutor will not receive any hours.
3. Once scheduled to help a student, the tutor must help that student. If a scheduling conflict arises, it is the tutor’s responsibility to reschedule with that student. Failure to meet with the assigned student will result in an additional hour to the tutor’s community service active status requirements.
4. Tutors will not receive community service credit towards active status for individually setting up a tutoring appointment with a student. They will only receive credit for tutoring a student that contacted the VP of Planning for help. If a student contacts you for help directly, inform them that they need to e-mail the VP of Planning at [email protected].
5. In order to keep track of your hours, download the Tutor Log.